Upgrade Your Energy: New Year’s Resolutions for Your Home
The New Year approaches once again. With it, comes the desire for change. Most Americans make New Year’s Resolutions, which involve upgrades to their health, their finances, or their relationships.
At Piper Electric, having been in business for over almost 40 years, we know what it’s like to make resolutions, then see them fizzle out. In 2023, let us help you focus on safe and efficient changes to your home’s electrical system. Below are four top tips we believe will send you into the New Year with confidence and security:
- Upgrade your energy performance. In the Denver area, many of the homes were built in the 1970’s or 1980’s, with the median age of a home being from 1978. Historical neighborhoods in Denver proper date back to the 1800’s. Updating small items, like electrical outlet covers or light switches, can increase your home’s safety. We also recommend having one of our certified electricians inspect your electrical panel or the wiring in your home to ensure it’s up to date.
- Save on future energy. Simple swaps in your home, like swapping LED bulbs for regular bulbs, setting up smart switches for timed electricity use, turning off lights in unused rooms, or powering down devices at night, can stop the slow burn of extra energy. And in turn, these small changes, can reduce your electricity bill.
- Funnel your energy safely. As the holiday lights are stored away, and the extra decorations removed from your home, take the opportunity to complete a walk through now that your spaces have cleared out. Use this short checklist to help prevent common fire hazards:
- Are any electrical outlets over-filled with plugs? Can you rearrange them to spread out the energy?
- Are cords safely tucked behind furniture or underneath carpeting?
- Are small appliances unplugged when not in use?
- Are any cords frayed or outlets exposing live wires?
- Do you have any outlets loose from the wall or plugs loose in the outlets?
Remember: Safe energy equals efficient energy.
- Beware of quick fixes! At Piper Electric, we believe that expertly installed upgrades in your home increase your home’s efficiency, safety, and reliability. Don’t let a cheap price or compelling ad talk you into an easy fix for your home. We take our job for you seriously, which is why all our electricians are certified and licensed in the state of Colorado. If you have concerns, or just questions, about your home’s electrical system, give us a call.
The most successful New Year’s Resolutions are the ones which result in lasting changes. On average, only 16 percent of people stick to their resolutions. At Piper Electric, we hope you will let us help you achieve your goals for an improved home. We want your home to be a safer, more efficient, and welcoming place for yourself, your family, and your friends.