Everyone loves a home interior that is inviting and well-lit, why not ensure your outdoor spaces have the same attention to detail. Strategically placed landscape lights can not only help with a home’s security, but can highlight a home’s architectural features and draw attention to landscape features.
Five great places for Outdoor Lighting:
- The front entrance. A well-lit front can help guests find their way, help with security and makes a great first impression. Wall lanterns on each side of the door or under a porch or other overhang, can help guide the way.
- The back door. Most home owners use back door lighting for security. This is a great place for a motion sensing light.
- Outside the garage. This is another great place for a motion sensor. These fixtures usually have a photocell that turns the lights on at dusk and off at dawn to save energy.
- Decks, porches, and patioscan be converted into evening retreats by concealing low-voltage mini-lights under steps, railing or benches.
- Steps, paths, and drivewaysshould be illuminated to make sure everyone is able to move about easily and safely after dark.
Denver Electrician Piper Electric Co., Inc. can help you discover the possibilities in out lighting.
Taken in part from the www.americanlightingassoc.com